Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Talking Tone: Melanin Under the Microscope
By: Laura J. Goodman
Posted: March 27, 2009, from the April 2009 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 6 of 7
7. AA Bashkatov, EA Genina, VI Kochubey and VV Tuchin, Optical properties of human skin, subcutaneous and mucous tissues in the wavelength range from 400 to 2000 nm, J Phys D: Appl Phys 38 2543–55 (2005)
8. JB Dawson, DJ Barker, DJ Ellis, et al., A theoretical and experimental study of light absorption and scattering by in vivo skin, Phys Med Biol 25 695–709 (1980)
9. G Zonios, J Bykowski and N Kollias, Skin melanin, hemoglobin, and light scattering properties can be quantitatively assessed in vivo using diffuse reflectance spectroscopy, J Invest Dermatol 117(6) 1452–7 (2001)
10. BW Rubach, Comparison of Chemical Peel and Dermabrasion to Carbon Dioxide Laser Resurfacing, Operative Techniques in Otolaryngology 8(1) 9–14 (1997)
11. E Whitaker and JM Yarborough, Microdermabrasion, eMedicine Clinical Reference. June 1, 2006