Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
By: Peter T. Pugliese, MD
Posted: February 26, 2009, from the March 2009 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 10 of 12
5. JD Spencer, H202-mediated oxidation affects POMC processing and POMC derived peptides in the human epidermal using vitiligo as a model for oxidative stress, University of Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom (2007)
6. JM Gillbro, LK Marles, NA Hibberts, et al. Autocrine catecholamine biosynthesis and the beta adrenoceptor signal promote pigmentation in human epidermalmelanocytes, J Invest Dermatol 123(2) 346–353 (2004)
7. MJ Thornton, LD Nelson, AH Taylor, et al. The modulation of aromatase and estrogen receptor alpha in cultured human dermal papilla cells by dexamethasone: a novel mechanism for selective action of estrogen via estrogen receptor beta, J Invest Dermatol 126(9) 2010–2018 (2006)
8. R Busca, C Bertolotto, P Abbe, W Englaro, T Ishizaki, S Narumiya, P Boquet, JP Ortonne and R Ballotti, Inhibition of Rho is required for cAMP-induced melanoma cell differentiation, Mol Biol Cell 9 1367–1378 (1998)
9. G Scott and S Leopardi, The cAMP signaling pathway has opposing effects on Rac and Rho in B16F10 cells: implications for dendrite formation in melanocytic cells, Pigment Cell Res 16 139–148 (2003)