Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Resveratrol: A Real Anti-aging Product
By: Peter T. Pugliese, MD
Posted: November 25, 2008, from the December 2008 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 11 of 13
9. C Chen, Pace-Asciak ,Vasorelaxing activity of resveratrol and quercetin in isolated rat aorta. Gen Pharmacol 27(2) 363–366 (1996)
10. YJ Surh, YJ Hurh, JY Kang, E Lee, G Kong, SJ Lee, Resveratrol, an antioxidant present in red wine, induces apoptosis in human promyelocytic leukemia (HL-60) cells. Cancer Lett 140(1–2) 1–10 (1999)
11. JK Kundu, YJ Surh, Molecular basis of chemoprevention by resveratrol: NF-kB and AP-1 as potential targets. Mutat Res 555(1–2) 65–80 (2004)
12. S Banerjee, C Bueso-Ramos, BB Aggarwal, Suppression of 7,12-dimethylbenz(a) anthracene-induced mammary carcinogenesis in rats by resveratrol: role of nuclear factor-kB, cyclooxygenase 2, and matrix metalloprotease 9. Cancer Res 62(17) 4945–4954 (2002)
13. PA Baeuerle, VR Baichwal, NF-kB as a frequent target for immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory molecules. Adv Immunol 65 111–137 (1997)