Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Resveratrol: A Real Anti-aging Product
By: Peter T. Pugliese, MD
Posted: November 25, 2008, from the December 2008 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 10 of 13
4. X Meng, P Maliakal, H Lu, MJ Lee, CS Yang, Urinary and plasma levels of resveratrol and quercetin in humans, mice and rats after ingestion of pure compounds and grape juice. J Agric Food Chem 52(4) 935–942 (2004)
5. DG Soares, AC Andreazza, M Salvador, Sequestering ability of butylated hydrooxytoluene, propyl gallate, resveratrol, and vitamin C and E against ABTS, DPPH, and hydroxyl-free radicals in chemical and biological systems. J Agric Food Chem 51(4) 1077–80 (2003)
6. B Olas, B Wachowicz, Resveratrol and vitamin C as antioxidants in blood platelets. Thromb Res 106(2) 143–148 (2002)
7. J Constant, Alcohol, ischemic heart disease and the French paradox. Coron Artery Dis 8(10) 645–649 (1997)
8. KPL Bhat, JW Kosmeder II, JM Pezzuto, Biological effects of resveratrol. Antioxid Redox Signal 3(6) 1041–1064 (2001)