Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Antioxidants in Natural Skin Care
By: Szilvia Hickman
Posted: October 31, 2012, from the November 2012 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 4 of 4
- B Halliwell, R Aeschbach, J Loliger and OI Aruoma, The characterization of antioxidants Food and Chemical Toxicology, 33 7 601–617 (1995)
- J Souquet, V Cheynier, F Brossaud and M Moutounet, Polymeric proanthocyanidins from grape skins, Phytochemistry 43 2 509–512 (1996)
- R Brigelius-Flohé and MG Traber, Vitamin E: Function and metabolism, The FASEB Journal 13 10 1145–1155 (1999)
- AI Bogdan and L Baumann, Antioxidants used in skin care formulations, Skin Therapy Lett 13 7 5–9 (2008)
- L Packer, The Antioxidant Miracle Wiley (1999)
- HN Bhagavan, Hemmi and RK Chopra, Coenzyme Q10: absorption, tissue uptake, metabolism and pharmacokinetics, Free Radical Research 40 5 445–453 (2006)
Szilvia Hickman is senior vice president of Szép Élet, exclusive distributor of ilike organic skin care and Purée Organics.
Much Needed Information on Formulating for Antioxidant Claims
Antioxidants in the Skin by Roger McMullen is the first book to offer a comprehensive account of antioxidants in personal care and addresses the cellular level of human skin.
Find Out More! Alluredbooks-Antioxidants in the Skin