Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Controversial Ingredients: Setting the Record Straight
By: Ada Polla and Anne Pouillot
Posted: January 30, 2012, from the February 2012 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 12 of 17
11. JA Stickney, SL Sager, JR Clarkson, LA Smith, BJ Locey, MJ Bock, R Hartung and SF Olp, An updated evaluation of the carcinogenic potential of 1,4-dioxane, Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 38 (2) 183–195 (2003)
12. H Löffler and R Happle, Profile of irritant patch testing with detergents: sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate and alkyl polyglucoside, Contact Dermatitis 48(1) 26–32 (2003)
13. RE Black, FJ Hurley and DC Havery, Occurrence of 1,4-dioxane in cosmetic raw materials and finished cosmetic products, J AOAC Int 84(3) 666–670 (2001)
14. KP Ananthapadmanabhan, DJ Moore, K Subramanyan, M Misra and F Meyer, Cleansing without compromise: The impact of cleanser on the skin barrier and the technology of mild cleansing, Dermatol Ther 17(1) 16–25 (2004)
15. www.silicones-europe.com (Accessed Dec 21, 2011)
Do You Know Everything You Need to Know About Preservatives and Regulatory?
What are twelve important criteria for the 'ideal' preservative or preservative system? What are seven principles of HACCP? Do you know the twelve properties of 'natural' preservatives? Could you use more information on global regulations?
Be prepared! Keep David Steinberg's new book, Preservatives for Cosmetics, Third Edition, close at hand at the start of your next project.
Order Today at www.Alluredbooks.com.