Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Controversial Ingredients: Setting the Record Straight
By: Ada Polla and Anne Pouillot
Posted: January 30, 2012, from the February 2012 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 10 of 17
1. W Broeckx, A Blondeel, A Dooms-Goossens and G Achten, Cosmetic intolerance, Contact Dermatitis 16(4) 189–94 (1987)
2. www.dimdi.de (Accessed Dec 21, 2011)
3. EJ Routledge, J Parker, J Odum, J Ashby and JP Sumpter, Some alkyl hydroxyl benzoate preservatives (parabens) are estrogenic, Tox Appl Pharm 153 12–19 (1998)
4. PD Darbre, A Alijarrah, WR Miller, NG Coldham, MJ Sauer and GS Pope, Concentrations of parabens in human breast tumours, J Appl Toxicol 24 5–13 (2004)
5. www.afssaps.fr/var/afssaps_site/storage/original/application/a04645817043e01235bf03bc49f76f07.pdf (Accessed Dec 21, 2011)
Do You Know Everything You Need to Know About Preservatives and Regulatory?
What are twelve important criteria for the 'ideal' preservative or preservative system? What are seven principles of HACCP? Do you know the twelve properties of 'natural' preservatives? Could you use more information on global regulations?
Be prepared! Keep David Steinberg's new book, Preservatives for Cosmetics, Third Edition, close at hand at the start of your next project.
Order Today at www.Alluredbooks.com.