Most Popular in:
More on Healing Herbs
Posted: January 3, 2008, from the January 2008 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 2 of 2
Laotian herbal compress
This blend of herbs creates a spicy smell.
3/4 cup cooked rice
1/3 cup fresh ginger or prai, crushed
1/3 cup fresh lemongrass
1/3 cup anise basil
1/3 cup fresh pepper leaf
5 pieces cinnamon
Directions for use
Always use two sachets for each treatment so one sachet can be heating on a steamer while the other is being applied to the body.
1. Mix all ingredients and wrap in a piece of terry cloth fabric. Tightly tie the edge of the compress pouch with a string.
2. Bring water to a boil in steamer.
3. Lightly sprinkle the pouches with water, and steam for 10 minutes.
4. Compress gently on the skin, making sure not to hold on any one spot for very long—simply touch, press, lift and move in a constant and rapid fashion.
5. Repeat for all desired areas of the body.