Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Are Antioxidants Worth the Hype?
By: Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Posted: October 27, 2010, from the November 2010 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 5 of 8
3. D Dreher, AF Junod, Role of oxygen free radicals in cancer development, Eur J of Cancer 32 1 30–38 (1996)
4. O Pansarasa, L Bertorelli, J Vecchiet, et al, Age-dependent changes of antioxidant activities and markers of free radical damage in human skeletal muscle, Free Radical Bio and Med 27 5–6 617–622 (1999)
5. T Finkel, NJ Holbrook, Oxidants, oxidative stress and the biology of ageing, Nature 408 239–247 (2000)
6. www.cdc.gov/media/pressrel/2009/r090929.htm (Accessed Sep 1, 2010)
7. ID Podmore, HR Griffiths, KE Herert, et al, Vitamin C exhibits pro-oxidant properties, Nature 392 559 (1998)