As a spa owner, you’re likely being faced with the challenges of this down economy.
Issues such as stimulating more business, incorporating new ideas into your spa without spending a lot of money, and keeping and maintaining your current staff are probably just a few of the thoughts occupying your mind these days
Unfortunately, the bad news is that you’re not alone. Like you, many other spa owners are facing business hardships. Fortunately, though, there is good news. There’s a place where spa professionals converge to overcome their business challenges and find solutions year after year—the Face & Body® Spa & Healthy Aging Conference and Expo—happening July 11–13, 2009, in San Jose, California.
To help rejuvenate your spa, you need to attend the Face & Body Spa & Healthy Aging Conference and Expo. Now in its 17th year, Face & Body is moving back to San Jose, California, where it will include an expo floor filled with more than 400 exhibits on display for attendees to shop, compare and learn about new industry trends, as well as more than 50 free Manufacturer Classes. These supplier-driven classes offer hands-on demonstrations of techniques you can immediately implement into your own spa.
In fact, there are a myriad of things the expo can do for you.
- Connect with important business contacts. Be sure to make appointments with people you want to see, and create a list of what specifically you want to learn.
- Take charge. Consider arranging a meeting with other spa owners, managers and suppliers to ask what they are doing in their businesses, as well as what they see happening in the industry’s future, and use this time as an idea exchange.
- Walk the show floor thoroughly and completely so you maximize your options for the expo’s best deals. Carry a small note pad and take as many notes as possible.
- Gather as much information as you can. This is the place to find out what new products and services are available to you that can help expand your business and increase productivity and profitability.
- Be a buyer. Suppliers don’t want to take their equipment back to their warehouses, so if you are interested in making an equipment purchase at Face & Body, go to your bank or finance company before attending and obtain pre-approved credit. This way you know the amount of money you have available to spend while you’re attending, as well as what your monthly payments will be, and you’ll be in a much better position to negotiate a great price at the show.
Also, be sure to do a little follow-up work after you get home from Face & Body. By asking yourself the following questions, you’ll be sure to stay on top of the all the helpful knowledge you accumulated while in San Jose to help make your spa a better business.
- How can I leverage vendor expertise for success through strategic partnerships?
- Is there a way I can broaden my spa business? How, and what contacts from the show can I use to help me?
- Did I share the information and ideas I received at the show with my spa’s team members, and what ideas can I implement immediately?
If you want to increase your spa’s ability to be competitive and survive the long road ahead, you need to attend Face & Body 2009. It’s the ideal venue to obtain the knowledge you need to strategize, improve operations and make smart business decisions, helping you to compete and win in today’s spa world. See you there!