Makes 6 servings, 50 calories, 0 grams of fat
Ingredients for raspberry vinaigrette:
1⁄2 cup water
1 tablespoon agave or honey
1 1⁄2 teaspoons arrowroot or cornstarch
1⁄2 cup raspberry vinegar (or mash 1⁄2 pint of raspberries with 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar)
2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
Preparation for raspberry vinaigrette:
1. Combine the water, agave or honey and arrowroot or cornstarch in a small saucepan and whisk until combined.
2. Stir over low heat until mixture thickens slightly.
3. Stir the vinegar and mustard into the first mixture.
4. Cool dressing before using.
Ingredients for salad:
1 large head butter lettuce
2 large kiwis
1⁄2 pint of raspberries
Preparation for salad:
5. Wash lettuce and separate leaves.
6. Line each salad plate with a whole leaf and tear the rest into bite-sized pieces. Distribute among plates.
7. Peel and slice each kiwi into approximately eight slices; put three slices on each salad.
8. Distribute raspberries among each salad.
9. Dress each salad with a tablespoon of the vinaigrette.