Makes 1 serving
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!
1/2 ounce chopped onion
1/2 ounce chopped garlic
1/2 ounce chopped ginger
1/2 ounce chopped celery
2 ounces chopped lemongrass
1/4 ounces lime leaf
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cups water
6 tablespoons 1/4-inch diced carrots
6 tablespoons 1/4-inch diced celery
6 tablespoons 1/4-inch diced red pepper
6 tablespoons 1/4-inch diced yellow pepper
1⁄3 cup uncooked jasmine rice
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot at low heat.
2. When hot, add onion, garlic, ginger, ½ ounce chopped celery, lemongrass and lime leaf, and sauté for 3–5 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Add salt and pepper; stir.
4. Add water and simmer at medium heat for 30 minutes to create the broth. Strain the liquid to make approximately 2 cups broth. Taste for seasoning, and add salt or pepper as needed.
5. During this time, prepare the uncooked jasmine rice according to package instructions.
6. In a warm bowl, add 3 tablespoons each of the carrots, celery, red pepper and yellow pepper. Top with 1 cup jasmine rice.
7. Add remaining chopped carrots, celery, red pepper and yellow pepper on top of the rice.
8. Pour hot broth into bowl and garnish with cilantro.