In an increasingly connected world where travelers are always “on,” Preferred Hotel Group presents more than 30 hotel spas worldwide that understand exactly what guests need to turn “off.” As spa-goers worldwide continue to shift their intentions from indulgent relaxation to essential health and wellness, these destinations provide on-trend solutions for travelers’ weariness by offering treatments that utilize centuries-old Ayurveda methods or focus on the newfound benefits of the juniper berry.
While most commonly known as the key ingredient in gin, the juniper berry is gaining in popularity at spas worldwide for its natural ability to purify skin, promote weight loss and eliminate negative energy through aromatherapy. Hotel spas within the Preferred Hotel Group family of brands that feature these antioxidant-rich blue cones on their treatment menus include:
- Alpina Gstaad – Gstaad, Switzerland: During the Tree of Life Signature Ritual ($475), skin is exfoliated with a juniper berry scrub to remove negative energy. Guests booking the Preferred Spa offer can receive $100 off a treatment.
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo – Lake Como, Italy: The antioxidant-rich De-Stress Face and Eye Contour Treatment ($157) releases facial stress through juniper berry aromatics.
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar – Nungwi, Zanzibar Island: The Slimming Detox Body Wrap ($85) uses a juniper berry-infused clay to blast body fat.
- Eldorado Hotel & Spa – Sante Fe, New Mexico: The Juniper Berry Pedicure ($80) rejuvenates stressed legs with a juniper berry-infused oil massage.
One of the oldest disciplines of healing from India, Ayurveda is a sought after method of holistic wellness for its ability to repair imbalances and revitalize the mind, body and soul. Spas at member hotels of Preferred Hotel Group that offer this authentic tradition include:
- Mii amo – Sedona, Arizona: The Ayurvedic Facial with Shirodhara ($220) uses oils and cleansers that are infused with calming floral essences of India.
- Aqua Wellness Resort – Tola, Nicaragua: The organic oil applied during the Ayurvedic Hot Oil Massage ($60) creates deep penetrating heat that relieves muscle tension, improves circulation and lowers blood pressure.
- Hotel Bayerischer Hof – Munich, Germany: The Shirobhyanga ($92) stimulates pressure points in the head, neck and shoulders with oil that induces a state of tranquility and promotes high levels of concentration.
- Al Nahda Resort & Spa – Barka, Oman: The full-body Abhyanga ($78) massage features special oils that remove damaging toxins.