Most Popular in:
Sun Care Treatments
Protective Summer Products for Sun-Kissed Skin
Posted: July 3, 2013
Summer is the most popular time for many to look to protect their skin and retain their sun kissed glow. Whatever the time of year, consumers are concerned with the damages of the sun and the need to refresh the skin. Many members of the International SPA Association (ISPA) provide products that tackle both of these consumer needs at once.
“The most important things we can do for our skin is take care of it and protect it from the sun. Studies show that regular use of sunscreen reduced the risk of developing melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, by half. ISPA members recognize this and are providing products that address this concern,” said ISPA president Lynne McNees. “In fact, skin care products are the most popular item sold in spas in the United States,” citing the ISPA 2012 U.S. Spa Industry Study.
Here is a sampling of International SPA Association members and their products for healthy summer skin:
- Africology in Columbia, Mo. offers Shimmer Butter. Freshly enriched and fragranced with hydrating essential oils and powerful shea butter to deeply moisturize the skin.
- Ambre Blends in Indianapolis, Ind. offers Skin Tonic, a luxury body oil created to rejuvenate skin and bring a healthy glow to your face & body.
- Astara Skin Care in Phoenix, Ariz. offers Age Defying Complex, a concentrated time-released antioxidant booster serum that stimulates cell renewal and regeneration, strengthens the structure of skin cells, and improves elasticity, tone and clarity.
- Bioelements in Chicago, Ill. offers Triple-Action, Rapid-Resurfacing Facial Kit. Peel away time with this triple resurfacing facial kit featuring professional Chinese herbal granules that help reveal fresh skin with dual physical and chemical exfoliation.
- Dermastart, Inc. in Winter Garden, Fla. offers Reflect BB Cream SPF 45, a silky-smooth moisturizer that protects delicate skin with fortified antioxidants and reflects the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays with an SPF of 45.
- Epicuren Discovery in Laguna Hills, Calif. offers ORAC Age-Protect Serum, a deeply hydrating antioxidant serum that plumps and protects the skin from free radicals.
- Holocuren in Reno, Nev. offers Miracle Lips, a no-wax, natural, therapeutic lip treatment for cracked lips, cold sores, lip rash and chronic chapped lips.
- HydroPeptide in Issaquah, Wash. offers Anti-Wrinkle Polish and Plump Peel. This “lunch-time peel” combines wrinkle-fighting peptides and skin-softening Vitamin C crystals, plus the skin-brightening power of lactic acid, leaving skin immediately smoother, more radiant and responsive to serums and creams applied afterwards.
- Hylunia Skin Care in Henderson, Nev. offers Nightly Renewal Serum, a repairing and renewing night treatment that contains powerful anti-oxidants, Vitamin A and a high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate, soften and stimulate cell renewal while you sleep.
- jane iredale in Great Barrington, Mass. offers PurePressed Base. This four-in-one semi-matte mineral foundation provides the benefits of a foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen all in one and delivers long-lasting, highly pigmented coverage with light diffusing properties designed to look like your skin, only better.
- LED Technologies in Elizabeth, Colo. offers reVive Light Therapy Systems, an infrared light therapy for pain, acne and anti-aging.
- Mama Mio in London, United Kingdom offers Mighty Moisture, an all-in-one moisturizer with everything every skin needs to be strong, firm, fit, bouncy, toned, resilient, elastic and glowing.
- Naturopathica Holistic Health in East Hampton, N.Y. offers Plant Stem Cell Serum, a high-performance, anti-aging treatment featuring protective and corrective antioxidants, clinically proven to boost radiance and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles after four weeks.
- NightCare Products in Chicago, Ill. offers the NightCare Heel Treatment Kit, a convenient, easy-to-use skin treatment that includes the Moisturizing Gel Heel Sock and Intensive Healing Foot Cream.
- Phytomer in Salt Lake City, Utah offers Night Recharge Youth Enhancing Cream. Formulated with detoxifying microalgae, Night Recharge eliminates free radicals, toxins and pollutants that disrupt the proper function of cells.
- PMD in Salt Lake City, Utah offers Personal Microderm, which uses a patented spinning disc system to offer effective at-home microdermabrasion.
- Salt of the Earth in Woods Cross, Utah offers Whipped Body Crème. Discover the healing properties of natural Grapeseed Oil, rich in Vitamins A and E to rebuild collagen and repair damaged skin.
- Skin Authority in Carlsbad, Calif. offers Age Defying Moisturizer. This formula helps nourish and hydrate stressed skin, promotes healthy cell growth, helps even out skin tone, and protects the skin from sun exposure, free radicals, and the harsh environment.
- SOTHYS in Miami, Fla. offers Peach & Apricot Oxy-Vitamin Treatment, an ultra-concentrated aqueous treatment to oxygenate the skin and boost its radiance.
- Spongelle in Inglewood, Calif. offers Anti Cellulite Body Toning Buffer, Passion Fruit-Yuzu Aromatherapy. This all-in-one luxurious body wash cleanses and improves the appearance of cellulite with every shower using patented infusion technology.
About the International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on experienceispa.com.