Get the Skinny! This is just part of the article. Want the complete story, plus a host of other cutting-edge articles to make your job easier? Sign up!
Years ago, skin care professionals would use only their given hands and natural resources, such as a sea sponge or a cotton washcloth to treat their clients' skin. Throughout the years, technology has evolved, changed and greatly enhanced the ways that estheticians do their job.
In order to be competitive, spa professionals need to be on top of the latest trends in the industry. One of the latest trends is to use machines, but with all the confusing information available about equipment options, it’s often hard for estheticians to decide which ones they really need and which they can do without.
To get the most bang for your buck, opt for all-in-one machines that serve multiple purposes and offer features for high-frequency, galvanic, ultrasonic, microdermabrasion and other spa services. These multi-purpose machines have a number of advantages over purchasing individual machines, and can save and make you money in the long term.
Why multifunction machines?
- When clients walk into a treatment room and see the large multifunction machine, it can give the perception that such an official and high-quality piece of equipment means their esthetician is an ultimate professional with the ability to take care of all of their needs.
- The service will run more fluidly and smoothly when the esthetician is able to perform all services without having to get up and move around the room to prepare for any other procedures.
- It can be a great addition with as many as 15 functions all within an arm’s reach.
- Many estheticians rent a small space and need to have the ability to perform all of their services without the clutter of many single function machines scattered around.
- It’s more than a service; it’s a treatment. One client can come in with sun damage and fine lines and the next can come in with acneic skin and both can be treated with the same machine.
Save more, make more
- An esthetician can save money by purchasing a multifunction machine instead of piecing together various single function machines for more money from different companies. If you were to buy separate single function machines, it could cost as much as:
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!