Past Vocal Point Survey Questions and Responses
- What is the most common skin complaint or concern of your clients? How do you address it?
- What personal strength do you believe is most important for a skin care professional to be successful? Why?
- What body treatments do you provide as alternatives to cosmetic surgery?
- What scalp and hair offerings are available at your spa or skin care facility? How do you tie these in with your overall skin care goals?
- What wellness offerings do you provide in your skin care facility in addition to skin care services?
Prize provided by:
One lucky respondent to this month's Vocal Point question will receive free registration for the Physiology of the Skin course from Skin Inc. Video Education, a $149 value! Based on the beloved book by Peter T. Pugliese, MD and Zoe Draelos, MD, this 4-lesson course will arm you with the knowledge you need to better serve your clients.
Note: Winners will be chosen by random drawing and will be notified by e-mail. Prize will be sent directly from the sponsor. Winners are only eligible once every 12 months. All decisions of the editor are final.
Vocal Point Survey
The results are in! Here's what you had to say about our question from August 2010.
The Vocal Point responses have not been edited, and are posted as they were originally submitted. The opinions expressed in these responses are not necessarily those of www.SkinInc.com or Skin Inc. magazine.
What has been your most popular summer treatment this year?
- European facials and chemical peels; I'm trying to promote exfoliating body scrubs.
- - Loretta Leda, President/CCO, Florida Spa Girls, Winter Garden, FL
- Microdermabrasion facials
- - Sharon Williams, Owner/Esthetician, Pristine Clinical Skin Care, Capitola, CA
- There are so many; a different one on any given day. I would have to say on the whole for the summer waxing of any kind and then body wraps are the most popular.
- - Robin Fischer, Manager, Le Spa Day Spa, Folsom, CA
- Laser Genesis for pore-reduction, difused redness and uneven skin texture. The other product that has been most popular is Radiesse injections. Radisse is used for immediate and long-lasting wrinkle correction.
- - Ann Derenne, Owner/Esthetician, Skin Tight Medspa, Colgate, WI
- We offered a Green Tea Antioxidant Cooling facial with an eye infusion treatment and a lymphatic drainage massage for the eyes as well that has been a real hit!
- - Stacie Clark, Esthetician, Oculus Skin Care Centre, Atlanta, GA
- Maui Enzyme Peel Treatment by Rhonda Allison, which exfoliates and brightens skin without any irritation, and no post-peeling. Perfect summer treatment. Everyone loves the smell of tropical pineapple!
- - Mary Compan, Owner/Operator, Touch of Venus Skincare, Dallas, TX
- Combination of Botox and Filler, and also tattoo removal.
- - Regina Zadik, Aesthetic Nurse, Harmony Beauty, Hercules, CA
- Brazilian waxing and extractions-only treatment
- - Tina Gauthier, Owner, Skin and Wax Studio, Springfield, VA
- Customized Facials Plus Eye Zone Treatments. Our clients tell us they feel rejuvenated and rebook on the spot for their next treatment. This is great for business and great for our customers skin!
- - Jeannette Kravitz, CEO, Peace Spa & Peace Spa Products, Chicago, IL
- Laser hair removal has been the most popular summer treatment ... this makes sense because people don't want hair when skin is exposed. Botox and SmartLipo are close runner-ups.
- - GIna Virgilio, PR Director, NuU Medspa, Oak Brook, IL
- Microcurrent facial with LED red light and mask
- - Jaydee Cohen, Owner/Esthetician, It's All About You, Alameda, CA
- Laser hair removal
- - Leah Wallace, Clinical Esthetician, BCS Michigan, Port Huron, MI
- I have a great treatment for keeping the back and upper arms free of acne or blemishes. It's my BackAcne Treatment that consists of a deep cleansing of the back and upper arms, an enzyme exfoliant that helps to unclog pores, steam and extractions, and a detoxifying clay mud mask applied to the back and arms under steam. The area is then moisturized and a sunscreen is applied. Great for those back-bearing tops and swimsuits. My clients love it!
- - Christine Weisheipl, Owner, Skin Matters LLC, Hayward, WI
- Wax hair removal
- - Maribel Melo, Owner, Skin Solutions, Omaha, NE
- Lots of requests for airbrush tanning and unusually high requests for lash extensions.
- - Cheri Veritch, Owner/Esthetician, The Gypsy Spa, Grants Pass, OR
- My most popular summer treatment this year has been the 4-layer face lift. I have had lots of brides and mother-of-the-brides wanting this facial. It's a gentle but highly active treatment that brightens, tightens and lightens the skin.
- - Katherine Aronis, Owner/Esthetician, Skin APeel Facial And Waxing Lounge, Castro Valley, CA
- Deep pore cleanses
- - Angela McLain, Esthetician, Valley Wellness Center, Modesto, CA
- Manicures, pedicures and waxing.
- - Shirley Covarelli, Owner, Paul Milina Salon, Castro Valley, CA
- The airbrush tanning has been very popular with all ages, but especially those who do not want to be caught in the sun exposing areas they do not want to be seen. Whatever the reason, I am happy to provide this safe service.
- - Renee Raitz, Esthetician, Renee Katherine Advanced Skin Care, Morgan Hill, CA
- Fraxel/skin tightening, dermasound and peels.
- - Faye Jenkins, RN/Clinical Director, , Rockoff Center for Dermatology, Laser & Plastic Surgery, Wilmington, MA
- I ran a special for Bio Matrix (a Restylane alternative) and Bio Choice (a Botox alternative) treatments ... the response was incredible! I ended up making $5,400 in seven days off of just a handful of clients! No kidding! The results are fabulous and now my clients are choosing to add this to their monthly maintenance treatments.
- - Shelley Hancock, Owner/Esthetician, Real World Esthetics, Foster City, CA
- Pedicures, of course!
- - Sheila Hone, Owner/Master Esthetician, Renewal Day Spa and Wellness Center, Payson, UT
- The Lift Defense Treatment is a fabulous rejuvenating treatment, especially for ladies 40 and older. It leaves skin smooth, relaxed and virtually wrinkle-free. Follow with home-care, and clients receive compliments from friends and even spouses. It's a winner!!
- - Ursula Spies, Owner/Esthetician, Ursula European Skin Care, San Antonio, TX
- The Infrared Body Wrap. Slimming and detox before vacations or weddings is the biggest reason. I do a three-per-week series that is the most popular.
- - Diane Acevedo, Owner, Synergy Body Studio, Burlingame, CA
- Our Oxygen Infusion Facial. This treatment simutaneously infuses hyaluronic acid, vitamins and antioxidants into the skin via cooling, calming topical hyperbaric oxygen.
- - Ani Kevranian, Esthetician/CIDESCO Diplomate, Dermlaounge, Burlingame, CA
- The Summer Lovin’ Sun Protection & Skin Repair Facial is treats natural sun defense with healing and calming organic ingredients that promote soft, supple and revitalized beach-ready skin.
- - Stephanie Zubia, Owner, Sheer Bliss, Fresno, CA
- Waxing, waxing and more waxing! We also started up airbrush tanning and have had an amazing response!
- - Mary Toukan, Head Esthetician, The Facial Spa at Merle Norman Magnolia, Plantersville, TX