Get the Skinny! This is just part of the article. Want the complete story, plus a host of other cutting-edge articles to make your job easier? Sign up!
What are you doing to make your spa stand out? If you are hesitant to invest in marketing or promotion during times of economic uncertainty, now is definitely not the time to shy away from putting your best foot forward. Consumers are still spending, but they are demanding excellence and education when it comes to buying skin care. In fact, About.com’s “Beauty My Way” survey cites these key consumer trends:
- More than 80% are spending more or the same this year on skin, male grooming and cosmetic products.
- 47% say price is not a factor if the beauty products meet their needs or solve a problem.
- 55% consider recommendations from experts to be very important.
- 72% of consumers prefer well-established skin care brands instead of generic brands.
- 44% are willing to pay more for a recognized beauty brand or products recommended by experts and users.
The numbers are clear—the market is very viable for established skin care and spa brands that offer effective products and expert education. As a leader, how do you grab this market and move your team toward business success? Whether you are an esthetician who rents one room or the manager of a multistore spa chain, the following time-tested rules for success may be adjusted to your specific needs and goals.
1. Be truly sensitive to continuous improvement
Don’t only seek input from within. Your clients, community and vendors are your ears and eyes to continuous improvement. Ask for feedback. Ask the tough questions. Respond quickly. By taking the time to understand the needs of clients and consumers, and personalizing the service experience to meet their unique desires, you build a sense of value in your products and services. When relationships are built on trust, consumers feel your desire to earn their business and will make an investment in your brand.
2. Make it measurable
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!