Global recycling company Intercon Solutions is partnering with PrettyCity.com this June to encourage spas to properly recycle electronic waste, bulbs and packaging during the annual “Green and Gorgeous” eco-friendly beauty and wellness campaign.
The average spa creates thousands of pounds of waste annually; waste such as plastic bottles, cardboard, paper and packaging. In addition, even sustainable spas may be unwittingly contributing to landfilling by not properly recycling their out-of-date electronics.
Intercon Solutions properly recycles, never landfilling, products ranging from bulbs to obsolete computers. Out of use spa equipment can also be recycled by Intercon Solutions, an R2/RIOS and NAID AAA certified recycler.
Following are exclusive tips, only on SkinInc.com, from Intercon Solutions about how to go green this June ... and throughout the year.
- Recycle the following items: Styrofoam, fluorescent tubes (often used in tanning beds), end-of-life furniture, TVs, hairdryers, curling irons, blow-dryers, batteries, keyboards, mp3 players, cameras, microwaves, vacuums and calculators. Most plugged in or battery operated items are usually accepted. And, don’t forget good old paper and plastic.
- Consider providing eco-friendly, all-natural, organic and/or vegan products.
- Purchase recycled, antique or vintage furniture.
- Use eco-friendly paints when remodeling.
- Give out complimentary reusable totes with purchases.
- Conserve water by offering waterless manicures and pedicures.
- Utilize sustainable cleaning services or eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Offer indulgent organic teas and cocktails.
- Buy cute vintage reusable dishes, mugs and glasses for teas, coffees and waters instead of using Styrofoam or plastic cups.
- Reduce paper consumption by posting service pricing on the website instead of handing out fliers.
- Plant a garden for clients and consumers to admire.
- Offer on-site e-Waste recycling for clients. For example: Set up recycling bins and accept smaller items such as cell phones, batteries and mp3 players.
- Give the gift of recycling. Intercon Solutions offers pre-loaded gift cards in varying amounts. Pre-load them with money and give them to clients, vendors or eco-conscious friends.