On May 14, Pamela G. Bailey, CEO and president of the Personal Care Products Council, appeared before the Subcommittee on Health of the U.S. Committee on Energy and Commerce to discuss the Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act Legislation on Device and Cosmetic Safety.
“Consumer safety has always been the number one priority of our cosmetics and personal care products companies, and our continued commitment to safety has made cosmetics and personal care products the safest category of products regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration,” Bailey told the committee.
For further information on the issues Bailey addressed, click here.
Safety Addressed Before Washington Committee
May 15, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regulations
- 333Setting the Microneedling Record Straight
- 317Washington State's New Licensing Law for Estheticians
- 230FDA Says No to Tanning for Minors
- 174AmSpa Launches First Ever State-By-State Summary of Medical Spa Laws
- 158Now Banned in US: Microbeads
- 111Understanding State Board Regulation of Equipment
- 76Action Needed! CA Master Esthetician License Bill to be Introduced in January
- 56Canada Considers Animal Testing Ban
- 53Athena Cosmetics to Resume Selling RevitaLash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner in United States
- 48Skin Care—Then and Now: Product and Professional Regulations
- PBA Calls for Prevention of Deregulation of Missouri Cosmetology and Barbering Industry
2/28/2014, Kristen Wegrzyn
- The Ban of Microbeads Continues to Progress State to State
3/25/2015, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Becoming Involved in Licensure and the State Board
6/27/2014, Christine Heathman
- PBA Supports New Wisconsin Cosmetology Bill
5/6/2014, Kristen Wegrzyn
- Indiana Bill to De-regulate Cosmetology License Killed Due to Estheticians' Testimony
1/26/2012, Cathy Christensen