Get the Skinny! This is just part of the article. Want the complete story, plus a host of other cutting-edge articles to make your job easier? Sign up!
Private label, one brand or multiple lines … what’s the answer? Every spa is unique and each client is equally individual. As a small business owner, studio esthetician or large spa chain manager, the following information can help you review the pros and cons of going “one brand, one vision,” starting your own line or having a complete product mix.
- Retail prices can vary from product to product. Some companies offer a baker’s dozen-type deal, so with every 12 products you purchase, you’ll receive 13.
- It’s expensive to switch if you ever decide to change brands.
- You may qualify for free shipping. Many lines offer free shipping with large volume orders.
- Some suppliers offer a level system that provides spas with a variety of complementary marketing materials, ranging from DVDs and consumer brochures, to shopping bags and samples.
- You may work with a dedicated sales representative. The larger the account, the larger the support. Small accounts will call orders into a customer service line while larger accounts will have a dedicated sales representative to assist them in business planning and marketing.
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!