To help stretch your dollar as far as it can go, the Face & Body 2009 Spa & Healthy Aging Conference and Expo®, being held July 11–13, is moving to sunny San Jose.
San Jose, the third largest city in California, offers a wealth of conveniences and opportunities to conference-goers.
Stretching that dollar
The San Jose McEnery Convention Center, Face & Body’s new home, was host to this event in the late 1990s, and it serves as a convenient location for you to make the most out of your trip.
- There are more than 500 parking spaces available for $12 per day at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, as well as additional economical options in the surrounding area.
- The convention center is conveniently connected to the Hilton San Jose and San Jose Marriott, with room rates starting as low as $129 per night.
- The change of venue puts you just 10 minutes from the Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC), which offers more than 166 flights daily and is just an $18 cab fare to the convention center. Public transportation is also available.
- Two additional airports—San Francisco (SFO) and Oakland (OAK)—are just 35 miles from San Jose.
- More than 150 restaurants are located within just 10 blocks of the convention center.
- You can access San Jose via three interstate highways—I-280, I-880 or I-680; hop on the area expressways; jump aboard Caltrain, a commuter rail between San Francisco and Gilroy; or even take Amtrak.
- Multiple major cities are just miles away: Santa Cruz, 30 miles; Oakland, 40 miles; San Francisco, 50 miles; Monterey and Carmel, 70 miles; Napa Valley, 80 miles; and Sacramento, 120 miles. Not to mention Yosemite National Park, which is just 175 miles away. Bring your family and plan your summer vacation around the show.
The sun pretty much always shines in San Jose—300 days a year on average, actually—and come show time, the average temperature is around 70 degrees. A few more facts to take note of regarding this beautiful city include:
- It is one of the top three safest big cities in America, according to the San Jose Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Money magazine ranked the San Jose area in the top three among the top 50 most fun cities in America based on criteria such as recreation, arts and culture, restaurants and sports.
- San Jose is the number-one recycler among the nation’s largest cities.
- MostLivable.org recently ranked San Jose among the top 10 most livable large cities.
For more information about sites to see in San Jose during your stay, visit www.FaceandBody.com/attendee/1136612.html for a list of must-see, must-do offerings.
Meet you in San Jose
More show details will be published in future issues of Skin Inc. magazine, including this year’s product-neutral Advanced Education Conference Program, which will place focus on how your spa can remain profitable during these challenging economic times. For continuous updates and to register, visit www.FaceandBody.com.
Face & Body 2009 Spa & Healthy Aging Conference and Expo—it’s the same great event with an ideal new location. See you in San Jose.
www.sanjose.org, (Accessed Jan 30, 2009)