Are you working overtime to sort out the increasingly complex landscape of social media? One word to help: Yelp. It’s easy to use, time- and cost-efficient—and your business likely already has a presence on it (whether you’re aware of it or not). Most importantly, skin care facilities are reporting success.
Yelp is one of the most widely used and influential customer review sites, visited by an average of 86 million users per month who are accessing a database of more than 36 million reviews of businesses. Consider the following:
- Yelp is a leading driver of new traffic to small businesses;
- Five-star consumer-based reviews are the largest category;
- Yelp uses sophisticated algorithms to filter out fake reviews;
- Similar to Facebook, Yelp does not require paid advertising; and
- Discovery by clients is based on your efforts to populate and promote your page organically—both of which drive higher search results.
Although Yelp has fee-based advertising options, only a small percentage pay fees. You can have great success by simply learning to use the free options.