Get the Skinny! This is just part of the article. Want the complete story, plus a host of other cutting-edge articles to make your job easier? Sign up!
Do the following thoughts frequently take up space in your head?
- “If I charge what I’m worth, my clients will go away.”
- “If I’m less expensive than everyone else, I’ll attract more clients.”
- “I don’t know enough or offer enough to charge what the big spas do.”
- “I’m in the business of making people feel better. My job is to pamper my clients, not to rip them off.”
If you’re approaching your skin care business in this way, you may be sabotaging yourself without realizing it by becoming a “pampering people pleaser.” Does this sound familiar?
- You love your clients so much that you feel they deserve your time for free.
- You feel guilty when it comes time to charge your client because what you do makes you feel so wonderful that it seems selfish to charge for it.
- You feel bad because, during the service, your client expressed that she’s struggling with finances, and you think a discount will somehow save her.
- You don’t offer add-on services because you assume your clients will think you’re trying to rip them off.
- You haven’t given yourself a raise or upped your treatment prices in 10 years—out of fear.
Every day, skin care professionals limit themselves and the growth of their businesses by making the same mistakes over and over again. The good news is you can overcome the habit of undercharging by following three tips for asking what you’re worth and feeling good about it.
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!