Most Popular in:
More Readers Ask ... Insurance
Posted: December 30, 2011, from the January 2012 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 2 of 2
The agent you choose will become an important colleague; in order to select the insurance professional to assist you, consider the following suggestions.
- Each business is unique and requires specially tailored coverage.
- Select an agent who knows the industry and has markets available to meet your needs.
- Do some research so that you will be able to ask the right questions, and be sure you get understandable answers before making a decision.
- Learn what insurance coverage is required by your federal and state regulations and professional organizations, as well as the federal/state/local scope of practice for your particular discipline or service so that you are in compliance with the laws and regulations.
- Ask how long the agency has been providing insurance to the industry. The agency should have a good reputation and be accessible to you by phone or e-mail. All agents should be licensed as required by their particular state and have a nonresident license in your state.