Get the Skinny! This is just part of the article. Want the complete story, plus a host of other cutting-edge articles to make your job easier? Sign up!
Being a successful skin care professional and spa owner is not easy. But then again, it’s not supposed to be. In fact, being successful in anything should never be easy and if it is, then you’re probably not doing it right. A very good friend and colleague that I highly respect recently forwarded me some excellent insight on this line of thinking from Dan Waldschmidt, a business strategist and author of the blog “Edgy Conversations.” It’s called “19 Hard Things You Need to Do to Be Successful,” and each one serves to motivate you toward being the most successful version of yourself.
- You have to make the call you’re afraid to make.
- You have to get up earlier than you want to get up.
- You have to give more than you get in return right away.
- You have to care more about others than they care about you.
- You have to fight when you are already injured, bloody and sore.
- You have to feel unsure and insecure when playing it safe seems smarter.
- You have to lead when no one else is following you yet.
- You have to invest in yourself even though no one else is.
- You have to look like a fool while you’re looking for answers you don’t have.
- You have to grind out the details when it’s easier to shrug them off.
- You have to deliver results when making excuses is an option.
- You have to search for your own explanations even when you’re told to accept the “facts.”
- You have to make mistakes and look like an idiot.
- You have to try and fail and try again.
- You have to run faster even though you’re out of breath.
- You have to be kind to people who have been cruel to you.
- You have to meet deadlines that are unreasonable and deliver results that are unparalleled.
- You have to be accountable for your actions even when things go wrong.
- You have to keep moving toward where you want to be no matter what’s in front of you.
I don’t know about you, but I feel motivated! Life is hard. There will be tears and frustration and sadness and loss, guaranteed—but in the end, it’s how you handle yourself in the midst of the madness.
Have you lived your life with integrity so when the hard times come, you have friends, family and colleagues to hold your hand and help carry the load? This is my definition of success.
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!