Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Intelligent Spas Releases Fifth Study on Australian Spa Industry
Posted: December 1, 2009
page 2 of 4
Spa benchmarks available
The full report is available from Intelligent Spas’ Web site at www.IntelligentSpas.com and contains almost 1,000 updated spa industry benchmarks relating to total spa revenue, spa treatment revenue, expenses, visits and employment, with many topics showing historical data available from 2005–2008, plus forecast data for 2009 and 2010. The benchmarks are comparable across the entire spa industry due to the consistent global research methodology implemented by Intelligent Spas.
Other statistics and benchmark ratios featured in the report include:
- average revenue per visit;
- total revenue and treatment revenue per available treatment hour and minute;
- total revenue and treatment revenue per square meter/foot;
- total revenue and treatment revenue per available treatment room;
- total revenue and treatment revenue per employee;
- breakdown of total revenue, including retail revenue;
- breakdown of total expenses;
- visitor profiles by gender, age and residence; and
- proportion of hotel guests visiting the spa.
Susanne Nelson, former president of the Australasian Spa Association, added, “Accurate and comprehensive market research to help support and grow an industry is always essential, now more than ever in this uncertain financial climate. The information is required to help existing businesses benchmark how they are tracking, along with providing newcomers and suppliers with essential facts to help them succeed. The continued success of the main players and growth in new entrants will lead to a vibrant and healthy industry where the success of the individual contributes to the success of a healthy industry and a healthier population. To those who participated, congratulations in recognizing how beneficial this type of information is to the industry’s success, and to Julie Garrow and Intelligent Spas, congratulations on your continued success at providing these statistics and giving the industry a tool that helps establish a better understanding of its position.”
The report also presents a collection of supporting business intelligence, including:
- Spa business models describing ownership, business structure, management structures.
- Spa infrastructure covering spa size, space breakdown, treatment rooms and stations, standard support facilities versus water-based support facilities.
- Spa menus such as variety of hydrotherapy and water-based treatments offered and the range of treatments practiced.
- Spa industry trends relating to treatments and clients.