Most Popular in:
Intelligent Spas Surveys the Industry in South Africa
Posted: October 15, 2009
page 2 of 4
- Spa numbers are forecast to grow by 8% this year.
- Visits to day spas are forecast to grow by 20% in 2009.
- Revenue per spa is predicted to increase into 2010.
Spa benchmarks available
The full report is available from Intelligent Spas Web site at www.IntelligentSpas.com and contains more than 800 updated spa industry benchmarks relating to total spa revenue, spa treatment revenue, expenses, visits and employment, with many topics showing historical data available from 2005 to 2008, plus forecast data for 2009 and 2010. The benchmarks are comparable across the entire spa industry due to the consistent global research methodology implemented by Intelligent Spas.
Other statistics and benchmark ratios featured in the report include:
- Average revenue per visit
- Total revenue and treatment revenue per available treatment hour and minute
- Total revenue and treatment revenue per square meter/foot
- Total revenue and treatment revenue per available treatment room
- Total revenue and treatment revenue per employee
- Breakdown of total revenue, including retail revenue
- Breakdown of total expenses
- Repeat visitation rate
- Visitor profiles by gender, age and residence
- Proportion of hotel guests visiting the spa
The report also presents a collection of supporting business intelligence, including:
- Spa business models describing ownership, business structure, management structures.
- Spa infrastructure covering spa size, space breakdown, treatment rooms and stations, standard support facilities versus water-based support facilities.
- Spa menus, such as variety of hydrotherapy and water-based treatments offered and the range of treatments practiced.