For an extended scientific explanation about oxygen and its effect on the skin, see the article below. For additional information, check out Jeffrey Lapin's article "A Breath of Fresh Air," that appeared in the February 2010 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
Pugliese's Oxygen Explanation
January 29, 2010
Most Popular in Physiology
- 6335Best Practices in the Treatment of Hyperpigmentation
- 1498Dry vs. Dehydrated Skin: Causes and Treatments
- 1083The Body Electric
- 902Long-term Research Links Dairy and High-Sugar Foods to Acne
- 845Glycation and the Skin
- 693The Biology Behind Eczema and Psoriasis
- 669Stem Cells and Growth Factors: What You Should Know
- 589The Fitzpatrick Skin Type Classification Scale
- 556Study Links Skin Microbiome to Infections
- 497What Makes Asian Skin Different?
- Study Links B12 to Skin Bacteria
7/20/2015, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- What Makes Asian Skin Different?
9/28/2015, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- 5 Myths of Redheads’ Skin Exposed
2/20/2015, Jo-El Grossman
- Early Intervention Key for Young Patients With Skin Conditions
8/22/2012, Nicole Urbanowicz
- The Biology Behind Eczema and Psoriasis
6/29/2012, Claudia C. Aguirre, PhD