For an extended scientific explanation about oxygen and its effect on the skin, see the article below. For additional information, check out Jeffrey Lapin's article "A Breath of Fresh Air," that appeared in the February 2010 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
Pugliese's Oxygen Explanation
January 29, 2010
Most Popular in Physiology
- 4622Best Practices in the Treatment of Hyperpigmentation
- 1646The Body Electric
- 1118What Makes Asian Skin Different?
- 740Glycation and the Skin
- 688New Study Shows Possible Cause of Rosacea Bumps
- 646Understanding and Fighting Winter Itch
- 553Long-term Research Links Dairy and High-Sugar Foods to Acne
- 549Dry vs. Dehydrated Skin: Causes and Treatments
- 519Stem Cells and Growth Factors: What You Should Know
- 392Study Finds Fat Cells Can Eliminate Skin Scarring
- Raman Imaging Produces Melanoma 'Snapshot'
12/13/2016, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Researchers Unlock Possible Treatment for Rare Skin Cancer
2/16/2017, Brooke Schleehauf
- The Science Behind Skin at Face & Body Midwest
3/13/2016, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- Study Shows How Eczema is Genetic
10/13/2016, Savannah Saunders
- Antioxidant Enzyme Found in P. Acnes
12/9/2016, Jennifer Novoseletsky