Psoriasis Cure Now, a nonprofit patient advocacy group, today reported that biotech and pharmaceutical companies are investigating a record 70 potential new treatments for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. The data, culled from published reports and clinical trial recruitment Web sites, shows continued, strong business interest in the psoriasis market. A New York Times article last week called into question the profitability of the psoriasis sector, lighting up psoriasis message boards with concerns that the psoriasis drug pipeline could dry up. The full (and free) report of psoriasis treatments under clinical development is available on the Psoriasis Cure Now Web site: www.psoriasis-cure-now.org/hope.php.
70 Potential New Psoriasis Treatments Being Investigated
May 16, 2008
Most Popular in Physiology
- 2413Best Practices in the Treatment of Hyperpigmentation
- 1738The Body Electric
- 1068What Makes Asian Skin Different?
- 969Tanning Devices Impact More than Health
- 705Infographic: Identifying Rosacea Subtypes and Triggers
- 698Study Finds Fat Cells Linked to Anti-aging Treatment
- 512New Study Shows Possible Cause of Rosacea Bumps
- 498Glycation and the Skin
- 438Stem Cells and Growth Factors: What You Should Know
- 402SKINtuition: Sleep Deprivation and Skin
- Raman Imaging Produces Melanoma 'Snapshot'
12/13/2016, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Researchers Unlock Possible Treatment for Rare Skin Cancer
2/16/2017, Brooke Schleehauf
- What's the Likelihood of Skin Disease Creating Disability?
3/28/2017, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- Study Shows How Eczema is Genetic
10/13/2016, Savannah Saunders
- Antioxidant Enzyme Found in P. Acnes
12/9/2016, Jennifer Novoseletsky