Psoriasis Cure Now, a nonprofit patient advocacy group, today reported that biotech and pharmaceutical companies are investigating a record 70 potential new treatments for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. The data, culled from published reports and clinical trial recruitment Web sites, shows continued, strong business interest in the psoriasis market. A New York Times article last week called into question the profitability of the psoriasis sector, lighting up psoriasis message boards with concerns that the psoriasis drug pipeline could dry up. The full (and free) report of psoriasis treatments under clinical development is available on the Psoriasis Cure Now Web site: www.psoriasis-cure-now.org/hope.php.
70 Potential New Psoriasis Treatments Being Investigated
February 2, 2007
Most Popular in Physiology
- 4676Best Practices in the Treatment of Hyperpigmentation
- 2202Understanding and Fighting Winter Itch
- 1910The Body Electric
- 1266What Makes Asian Skin Different?
- 861Study Finds Fat Cells Can Eliminate Skin Scarring
- 721Dry vs. Dehydrated Skin: Causes and Treatments
- 674Long-term Research Links Dairy and High-Sugar Foods to Acne
- 635Glycation and the Skin
- 533New Study Shows Possible Cause of Rosacea Bumps
- 529Stem Cells and Growth Factors: What You Should Know
- Raman Imaging Produces Melanoma 'Snapshot'
12/13/2016, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Your Toolkit to Spotting Skin Cancer (And Saving Lives)
5/12/2016, Robin Travers, M.D.
- The Science Behind Skin at Face & Body Midwest
3/13/2016, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- Study Shows How Eczema is Genetic
10/13/2016, Savannah Saunders
- Antioxidant Enzyme Found in P. Acnes
12/9/2016, Jennifer Novoseletsky