CTFA Changes Name
November 29, 2007
Most Popular in Ingredients
- 2375Hydroquinone: Is the Cure Worse Than the Problem?
- 1131Keys to Unlocking the Benefits of Vitamin C
- 664Common Enzyme in Skin Care Products Can Induce Allergic Reaction
- 653New Invention Provides Affordable & Effective Treatment for Keloid Scars
- 528Epidermal Growth Factor for Skin Regeneration
- 416The Truth About Chemicals, Mineral Oil, Squalene and Fillers
- 388Antioxidants, Free Radicals and Skin Care
- 278Is Snake Venom Just “Snake Oil?”
- 261 Ingredient Investigation: Soy and Vitamin C
- 161Combating Facial Volume Loss With Cosmeceuticals
The new Web site, www.cosmeticsinfo.org, is an online resource designed to provide consumers with easy access to safety information about cosmetic ingredients and the science behind personal care products. The site currently contains information on 13 personal care product categories and more than 1,500 ingredients that represent a majority of all ingredients used in cosmetic and personal care products today. Additionally, the Web site provides links to other authoritative bodies and to scientific research so consumers can select the products that are right for them.
“We are a science-based, safety-first organization and industry with a long track record of safety initiatives that go beyond the requirements of the law," said Pamela Bailey, president and CEO of the Personal Care Products Council. "Our new name, motto and consumer Web site are the latest expression of our shared core values of safety, quality, and innovation."
The new, broader and more contemporary name for the association is said to reflect its increasingly diverse membership, and the new motto for the association and the consumer information Web site emphasize the Council's continuing and enhanced focus on consumer safety.
- Comedogenicity—A Complicated Conversation
11/2/2014, Michelle Calvarese, PhD
- The Science Behind Today’s Anti-aging Ingredients
12/30/2011, Ivana Veljkovic
- 12 Silicone Myths Exploded
7/31/2014, Rebecca Gadberry
- Are Exotic Oils the Next Little Black Dress?
11/2/2014, Rhonda Allison
- What’s New In Natural Ingredients
5/1/2014, Kris Campbell