Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Are Antioxidants Worth the Hype?
By: Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Posted: October 27, 2010, from the November 2010 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 6 of 8
8. TW Anderson, DBW Reid, GH Beaton, Vitamin C And the common cold: a double-blind trial, Can Med Assoc J 107 6 503–508 (1972)
9. www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/coppertoner-solar-research-center-unveils-studies-on-efficacy-of-topical-antioxidants-in-sunscreens-at-2010-annual-meeting-of-the-american-academy-of-dermatology-86612182.html (Accessed Sep 1, 2010)
10. AT Grazul-Bilska, JJ Bilski, DA Redmer, LP Reynolds, KM Abdullah, A Abdullah, Antioxidant capacity of 3D human skin EpiDerm. model: effects of skin moisturizers, Int J of Cos Sci 31 3 201–208 (2009)
11. KE Burke, Photodamage of the skin: protection and reversal with topical antioxidants, J Cos Derm 3 3 149–155 (2004)
12. L Melton, The antioxidant myth: a medical fairy tale, New Scientist (2006)