All About Events
These tips, tricks and strategies can help your charitable event become a successful business-builder for your spa.
Event planning and implementation
- Find local listing opportunities online, in newspapers, on community calendars and on www.craigslist.com.
- Invite local press contacts as your guests. Develop these relationships early and often, and always have a press release ready to distribute.
- Ask for donations from attendees.
- Work with the charity to bring in supporting members as sponsors.
- Find vendors to donate food, drinks and goody bag items by looking at your client list and asking friends.
- Create an invitation giving all vendors and sponsors exposure.
- Limit attendees to a number that you can comfortably manage.
- Create signage and place invitations at churches, libraries and coffee shops.
- Provide online preregisteration opportunities, advertising an increased fee if registering at door.
- Provide mini spa services to showcase your business.
- Invite the charity to present a brief mission statement to staff before the event takes place.
- Provide gift cards for future services, as well as raffle signups at registration in order to obtain contact information.
- Offer a special service price for booking at the event.
- Promote on-the-spot product sales at event.
- Set booking goals as 20–25% of event attendees.
- Gather e-mail addresses and contact information.
- Send post-event e-mail blasts to attendees, copying sponsors and thanking them for support.
- Video archive the event on your blog and make sure lots of photos are available on your spa’s Web site.
- Submit photos to local press because people love to see themselves.
- Use Facebook and Twitter to link event photos and video on social media.