From Executive Chef William Mendez at New Age Health Spa in Neversink, New York
Makes 8 servings, 239 calories per serving
2 cups boiled and pureed black beans
1 cup sliced red bell pepper
1 cup sliced green bell pepper
4 chopped garlic cloves
2 cups julienned onion
2 cups medium diced or shredded zucchini
2⁄3 cup sweet corn kernels
2 cups medium diced tomato
1 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
2 cups part skim milk mozzarella cheese
8 low-fat refrigerated flour tortillas
Instructions for bean puree:
1. Drain cooked beans and place in food processor. Puree the beans on low until smooth. If beans are too dry, add a little water or lime juice to moisten them.
Instructions for vegetable mixture:
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
2. Place peppers, onions and garlic in the pan, and sauté until soft.
3. Add tomato; cook an additional five minutes.
4. Add the zucchini, corn kernels, tomato and spices; sauté for another five minutes.
5. Remove from heat and set aside.
To build the burrito:
1. Place the tortilla on a flat surface and spread 1/4 cup of bean puree over the top.
2. Spoon about 1/3 cup of vegetable mixture over the tortilla and spread evenly.
3. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese over the burrito filling and roll up.
4. Place the burrito on a baking sheet and heat in a 350°F oven for five minutes before serving.