from Head Chef Jimmy LeSage, New Life Hiking Spa, Killington, Vermont
Makes 8 servings
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1⁄2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 mashed ripe bananas
3 tablespoons yogurt, plain or vanilla
1. Mix flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
2. Add honey, vanilla, bananas, eggs and yogurt.
3. Coat a 9" x 5" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Spread batter into pan and bake at 350°F for 45–50 minutes, or just until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven, let sit for 10 minutes. Invert onto a rack or serving board, cool and slice.
6. Add sliced bananas and about 1⁄3 cup of walnuts, raisin or dried cranberries on top of serving.