From Spa Chef Amie Reavis, Château Élan Winery and Resort in Braselton, Georgia
Makes 2 servings
1 1⁄2 cups couscous
1 1⁄2 cups hot water
6 fresh apricots, chopped
3⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 green onions, green parts only, chopped
1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 handfuls fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt to taste
1. In a small pot, bring the water to a boil.
2. Place the couscous in a heat-proof medium bowl and pour the boiling water over it; stir with a fork to combine.
3. Cover and let sit for 10–15 minutes, then uncover and fluff with fork.
4. In a large bowl, mix the apricots, almonds, lemon juice, green onion, mint, cilantro, garlic and lemon zest.
5. Add the couscous, olive oil and salt to taste.
6. Toss gently to combine.