Top 10 Skin Care Dos and Don'ts
Top 10 Skin Care Dos
- Take better care of yourself on a daily basis.
- Wear sun-protective clothing.
- Apply sun protection with SPF and antioxidants, such as green tea, white tea and red tea. Thermus thermophilus helps to shield the skin from heat damage.
- Enjoy rejuvenating facials at least once a month.
- Don’t go to bed without soaking for 15 minutes in a seaweed bath. Relax.
- Exercise daily using calisthenics and yoga. Breathe deeply.
- Cleanse and tone the skin twice daily.
- Always use a moisturizer and a nourishing cream.
- Sleep with a silk eye mask to relax your eye area and prevent you from frowning in your sleep.
- Use a nourishing cream all over your body daily.
Top 10 Skin Care Don’ts
- Avoid indoor tanning. It can cause skin cancer and premature aging.
- Don’t smoke. It can kill you.
- Stay away from the sun from 10 AM–4 PM, when its rays are at their most damaging.
- Avoid stressful situations. Proper planning prevents anxiety.
- Don’t eat junk food.
- Avoid processed foods with a high nitrate, sugar and sodium content.
- Don’t eat fried foods.
- Don’t use soaps, and avoid benzoyl peroxide, hydrogen, retinoic acid and glycolic acid because they reduce the protective barrier of the skin.
- Don’t pick and scratch your skin. It removes a barrier and may cause infections.
- Don’t overdo anything—remember that less is always more.