Makes 4 servings
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk
3 tablespoons galangal, peeled and finely julienne sliced
3 tablespoons lemongrass, sliced finely diagonally
2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded and sliced
3 pieces birdseye chili, pressed
1 chicken breast, sliced into bite-size pieces
1 ounce oyster mushrooms, peeled or trimmed
1 ounce straw mushrooms, peeled and cut into wedges
1⁄2 ounce cherry tomatoes, halved
4 tablespoons miso paste
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon red chili, seeded and sliced diagonally
a tip of a coriander leaf
1. In a soup pan, bring vegetable stock and coconut milk to a boil.
2. Add galangal, lemongrass, kafir lime leaves and birdseye chili, and simmer for several minutes.
3. Add chicken, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, and cook for 4–5 minutes, until well done. Avoid overcooking, as chicken will become tough.
4. Remove from heat, and season with miso paste and lime juice.
5. To serve, garnish with red chili, kaffir lime leaves and coriander leaf tip.