1 small pumpkin (about 1 1⁄2 pounds)
1 small onion, diced
1 teaspoon cold-pressed oil
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
6 cups vegetable stock
Coarse sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt, for garnish
8 parsley sprigs or chives, for garnish
1. Cut pumpkin in half and seed.
2. Arrange pumpkin on a baking sheet, placing the cut sides down. Bake in a 350˚ F oven for 1–1 1⁄2 hours, or until tender when pierced with a knife. Let cool. Peel away skin and discard.
3. In a large heavy saucepan, sauté onion with oil over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add chopped celery and carrot. Cover and cook, stirring frequently, until soft. Add cooked pumpkin and spices. Stir in vegetable stock and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
4. In a blender or food processor, puree mixture until smooth. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Serve immediately in warmed bowls. Garnish with a drizzle of nonfat yogurt from a squeeze bottle, and top with a sprig of parsley or chives.